Updated Tuesday, 15th June, 2021.
COVID-19 UPDATE: WE ARE OPEN AND COVID SAFE
We take COVID-19 very seriously and are taking additional protective measures to ensure the health and safety of our patients, team members and the wider community. We are monitoring the situation very closely and will continue to act under the guidelines from health authorities and RANZCO.
Accordingly, at this time, we are OPEN for consultations, surgery and post-operative appointments.
Under the current restrictions in Victoria, you are permitted to attend your scheduled appointment at VISTAeyes Laser Eye Clinic.
As always, our existing infection control protocols and social distancing measures are maintained at their current high level and your safety is our top priority.
The standard precautions prevail, and if you are unwell with any symptoms of COVID-19, stay home and get tested. Maintain good hygiene – wash your hands regularly and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Keep your distance – remain at least 1.5 metres away from others.
How are we keeping everyone safe? Please be sure to read our Visit Guidelines below before leaving home so that you know what to expect when you arrive.
Many thanks from the VISTAeyes team.
COVID-19 VISIT GUIDELINES
At VISTAeyes Laser Eye Clinic, we are committed to keeping our patients and team members safe and we continue to observe strict infection control protocols and social distancing measures.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have in place a COVID Safe Plan and the following protocols and measures:
Increased Infection Control Procedures
In addition to our regular high standard of infection control and sterilisation, we are taking the following precautions:
- All patients are required to wear a mask while at the clinic. A mask can be provided if needed.
- All patients must check-in using the QR Code or, alternatively, a pen and paper method is also available
- A temperature check at the forehead will be required on attendance
- Increased sanitation of hard surfaces in highly trafficked areas such as reception, waiting areas, clinical and consulting rooms
- All clinical and consulting rooms are sanitised after every patient
- Patient seating in the waiting areas has been spread out
- Protective screens installed at reception
- Slit lamp shields installed
- Additional hand sanitisers are available to be used in waiting area, reception, clinical and consulting rooms
- Removal of magazines & books
- Removal of coffee and tea cups and replaced with single use, disposable cups
Limiting Traffic Inside the Clinic
- We advise that only scheduled patients will be allowed into the consulting rooms and clinical areas and ask that support people (unless required for interpretation or mobility assistance) and family members don’t enter the clinic unnecessarily. We are happy to phone a support person to return to pick up the patient, if needed, at the conclusion of the appointment.
- At certain times, patients may be asked to wait in their cars instead of the waiting areas. We will call patients by phone to let them know when it is their turn to be seen.
Please call us to reschedule your appointment, and do not enter to the clinic if you:
- have recently had a COVID-19 test and are waiting for your result;
- have tested positive to COVID-19;
- have travelled internationally in the past 14 days;
- are unwell with a fever, shortness of breath, cough or sore throat;
- have been in contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
- in light of the recent cases of COVID-19 reported across Victoria, we are urging all patients and visitors to check the updated public exposure sites as listed by DHHS: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites. If you have visited any of the locations during the specified times, please do not enter the clinic and follow the specific advice listed for that exposure site.
- or any member of your household, who you are in direct contact with, has been directed to isolate.
- A temperature check at the forehead will be required on attendance.
- All patients are asked to sign a declaration form upon entering our clinic to confirm the above points, prior to being seated.
Team Members’ Health & Safety
- Team members must check-in using the QR Code or, alternatively, a pen and paper method is also available
- Team members must stay home if they are showing any signs of illness, even if mild, and will not return to work until it is deemed safe to do so by their doctor.
- All team members are having their temperature measured at the forehead upon entering the workplace.
- All team members are required to wear a mask while at the clinic.
We appreciate your full cooperation in this matter and thank you for continuing to help us maintain a safe and healthy environment.
For information on the current restrictions for Victoria, please see link: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus or call the Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398, open 24 hours, 7 days.