LASIK eye surgery is a proven solution to common vision problems like myopia, hyperopia and/or astigmatism. If you struggle with short-sightedness (myopia), long-sightedness (hyperopia) and/or astigmatism, then laser eye surgery is certainly worth exploring. Here’s how to prepare for laser eye surgery under the guidance of a qualified and experienced laser eye surgeon.
When thinking about laser eye surgery and what to expect, it’s also important to consider getting to and from the laser eye clinic. LASIK is a brief procedure that takes around 15 minutes in theatre, and 2 hours in total at the clinic. It’s best to have a friend or family member bring you to the clinic and then take you back home to relax post-treatment. You will also need someone to drive you to the clinic the next morning for your day-one post-operative appointment.
In preparation for your LASIK procedure, there are few things to remember prior to surgery:
- Soft contact lenses must be left out 3 days (or as advised) prior to surgery
- Hard contact lenses must be left out 4 weeks (or as advised) prior to surgery
- Please do not wear any make-up, eyelash extensions, moisturiser, cologne, perfumes or after shave on the day of surgery
- Avoid wearing fibrous or fluffy clothing
- Take any prescribed medications as normal
- You should have breakfast or lunch as normal before arriving for your procedure
- Please bring non-prescription sunglasses with you to wear after surgery, on your way home
Contact Your Local Laser Eye Clinic in Melbourne
If you’re interested in LASIK surgery to correct your vision, get in touch with the laser eye surgery specialists at VISTAeyes today.
*This information is general in nature. All medical and surgical procedures have potential benefits and risks. Consult your ophthalmologist for specific medical advice.